Monday, January 2, 2017

Life Choices

www.everydayinterviewtips.com

There comes a time in our lives when we have to make important decisions that will affect not only us, but our family as well. I have come to this point in my life and although it may seem like nothing to others, it is very hard for me.
I am the owner of a small store that I have ran for a little over 1 year. It was always my dream to be a small business owner and I knew it would be hard work from the beginning. Did I mention I haven't received a paycheck the entire time the store has been running? That definitely makes things very hard. I have been fortunate enough to make enough to cover the store expenses up till now, but that is all. A few months ago I moved into a bigger storefront. The original place had a landlord that didn't hold up their end of the deal and the place was just way too small. The new space is perfect and the new landlord is wonderful. Unfortunately, there is some kind of electrical issue (that the landlord is trying to figure out) which caused a bill larger than I can pay. So now I come to making a decision.
I have posted on social media that the store will close Jan. 28th, 2017. A part of me wants to close it down because I haven't made any money and am very frustrated. At the same time, I don't want to leave because this was my dream. I know that I can always open back up, but it's a lot of work to get started. On the plus side, if I stay home I can spend more time with my 2 1/2 year old and my house will be cleaner and more organized.
So this is how I'm starting off my New Year. How about you?

*UPDATE*
I really wanted to keep my store open, but there were forces beyond my control (electric issue and Obama care bs) that have made it impossible for me to continue living my dream of being a small business owner. My doors are going to close on Jan. 28th and I honestly don't know if I'll ever be able to open a store again.

No comments:

Post a Comment