Monday, February 17, 2020

The Great Abraham Lincoln Pocket Watch Conspiracy: A Novel by Jacopo della Quercia



Rating (1-5) 📘
Genre - Steampunk, Historical Fiction, Science Fiction Adventures
Format - Paperback
Length - 400 pages

*Amazon Blurb*

This historical thriller is an equal-parts cocktail of action, adventure, science-fiction and comedy. The book follows a globe-trotting President Taft and Robert Todd Lincoln in a race to solve a mystery stretching back to the Civil War and the Lincoln assassination. Based on true events, readers will find themselves swept into a vast conspiracy spanning four continents and three oceans during the turn of the century. Fascinating technologies will be harnessed, dark secrets revealed, true villains exposed, and some of the most famous figures in history will take the stage. With surprises lurking around every corner, and a vast cast of characters to root for, Jacopo della Quercia's The Great Abraham Lincoln Pocket Watch Conspiracy is a heart-pounding adventure that only history could have made possible.


*My Review* 

This book was chosen for my book group for February. I thought a book with presidents for presidents month. It was also cool because the author is a member of the book group.
Unfortunately, even after finishing the entire book, I am not sure what it was that I read. The first chapter started off pretty good, but from there I was lost. There were many references to actual events and newspaper articles, but some of them seemed like they did nothing but fill pages. I kept reading hoping that eventually I would figure it all out. I read to the end. I am still confused.


No comments:

Post a Comment