Tuesday, June 2, 2020

Joyland by Stephen King




Rating (1-5) 📘📘
Genre - Ghost Fiction, Horror Anthologies
Format - Paperback
Length - 288 Pages


*Amazon Blurb*

Set in a small-town North Carolina amusement park in 1973, Joyland tells the story of the summer in which college student Devin Jones comes to work as a carny and confronts the legacy of a vicious murder, the fate of a dying child, and the ways both will change his life forever.


*My Review* 

If this was a movie, I bet there would have been that cheesy music like they play in movies like Friday The 13th. I thought this book was very cheesy.
Devin takes a job at an amusement park where he learns that a woman was murdered years before. He also befriends a woman and her sick son who live nearby. Devin becomes slightly obsessed by the woman's murder and is hoping to be able to catch a glimpse of her ghost that so many others have claimed to have seen.

It seems like the last few books that I've read by Stephen King haven't been good and he use to be my favorite author. Either I'm picking up his worst books, or I've read so many other good books and his writing just isn't reaching my expectations. (Wow, that's harsh.)
I'm curious, who else reads Stephen King? What are some of your favorites? What ones didn't you care for?





2 comments: