Wednesday, January 18, 2023

The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini

Rating (1-5) - 📘📘📘
Genre - Fiction, Family Life Fiction, Family Saga
Format - Paperback
Length - 400 Pages

*Amazon Blurb*

The unforgettable, heartbreaking story of the unlikely friendship between a wealthy boy and the son of his father’s servant, caught in the tragic sweep of history, The Kite Runner transports readers to Afghanistan at a tense and crucial moment of change and destruction. A powerful story of friendship, it is also about the power of reading, the price of betrayal, and the possibility of redemption; and an exploration of the power of fathers over sons—their love, their sacrifices, their lies. Since its publication in 2003 Kite Runner has become a beloved, one-of-a-kind classic of contemporary literature, touching millions of readers, and launching the career of one of America's most treasured writers.

*My Review*

We read this book for my Book Club and though many of the members really liked it, I thought it was just so-so. I found myself not liking the main character because of the way he treated his "best friend". I understand that their friendship wasn't exactly something allowed since Hassan was just a servant to Amir, but still. If you are going to be friends with someone, don't make the friendship be about convenience. Amir's father was also very unlikable. Amir was doing just about everything he could so that his father would be proud of him, but it was almost like he was invisible.  

 

(I am working on getting caught up with reviews and it's been so long since I read this book so I apologize for the extremely short review. I remember bits and pieces, but not all of it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment