Thursday, October 12, 2017

Play-doh....seriously? What's you most un-favorite Toy?


https://cache.fivebelow.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/800x800/17f82f742ffe127f42dca9de82fb58b1/p/l/play-doh-rainbow-starter-2_ECOM1601.jpg

Who thought that Play-doh was a good idea for kids to play with? I absolutely HATE Play-doh and of course my 3 year old always wants to play with it. I mean for starters it smells weird, it can get all over and you either play with one color at a time or you have a batch of rainbow. 

The smell isn't a huge deal, although it's definitely not something I want turned into a candle. When I do let my 3 year old play with it, I have her sit in her highchair to keep it on the tray. I am always amazed at the tiny little pieces that are constantly all over the tray that I'm always trying to pick up with a larger piece of the same color. And speaking of color. No one wants to play with just one color at a time....can you say BORING? But once you start putting colors together you can say goodbye to that color ever being by itself again. Try explaining to a 3 year old that she can't have just yellow now because it had green, red, blue or any other color mixed in with it now. 


https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51uda4OB%2BRL._SY355_.jpg

Let's not forget the toys that you can buy to play with the Play-doh. Ugh. You have to have the strength of 10 men to use those presses. Ok, not really 10 men, but more than most toddlers have. I bought a kit similar to this one thinking my daughter could play a little more independently. I couldn't have been more wrong. First was teaching her the right amount to put into the press. Next was trying to explain that you can only do one "shape" at a time. Then the actual press itself. Even I have to really "push" to get the Play-doh to come out. So now it's, let mommy warm up the Play-doh, you put some in the press, then mommy will press it out. 

I'm not even going to get into trying to clean all the Play-doh out of it.....


No comments:

Post a Comment