Sunday, May 27, 2018

Blogging vs. Reading



Originally I thought it would be so awesome to have a blog where I would write reviews on books I've read. Then I realized if I only read 1 or 2 books a month, that's 1 or 2 blog posts a month. Who wants to follow a blogger that never posts? I then tried to find other things I could post about, but being a stay-at-home mom to an almost 4 year old doesn't leave much free time to post anything. Any free time that I get I try to read. So with that, I find myself at that "between a rock and a hard place" or in my case "between reading and posting on the blog". I sit here typing now with a book right next to my laptop that I keep eyeing and feel guilty that I'm typing instead of reading. It's funny that before I had a child I didn't read at all. I had all the time in the world (ok not really because before her I worked), but never read. I can't even remember what I did then to keep myself so occupied. As much as I love spending every minute of every day with her, I can't wait until she starts preschool and Mommy is able to get some of that alone time....kinda of. I did start babysitting, but he's only a few months old and a good baby so I can read while he naps.

Going forward, I am going to try and get at least 1 post a week in. I know it's not as good as many other blogs that you could be, and probably are, following. However, I hope that you will stick with my as I continue to grow. Suggestions on my blog are always welcome....even constructive criticism. Let me know if you want to see more or less of something. Is there something besides books that I should try to write about?


I do want to take a moment to thank everyone who follows me on Twitter (almost 300 followers), Instagram (1/2 way to 400 followers, and is part of the Facebook Group that is at this moment 1 member away from 1k. I have also created a Pinterest account for anyone who is interested. I look forward to doing more giveaways soon so if you're not stalking me, uhem I mean following me on social media....click those links.

No comments:

Post a Comment