Monday, May 21, 2018

The Woman In Cabin 10 by Ruth Ware

The Woman In Cabin 10

by Ruth Ware



Rating (1-5) - 📘📘📘📘
Genre - Crime, Thriller, Suspense
Format - Hardcover
Pages - 340

I chose this for one of my books in my Book Of The Month subscription box. This subscription is different that my PageHabit because I get to choose the books that I want in it.

The Woman In Cabin 10 started off really slow for me. Although an easy read, there were parts that I thought were taking too long. As much as I enjoyed the book, it is the 3rd one in the last few months where the main character drinks too much, can't sleep and goes around blaming everyone. Only this one takes place on a ship.

Lo is a travel journalist who gets the chance to cover a story on a new luxury cruise ship, the Aurora, while her boss is sick. She almost passes off the story due to a break in at her home, but realizes that this could be her chance to show what she can do and advance in her career. Plus, isn't a weeks vacation with housekeeping, extravagant dinner parties and nothing but relaxation the best way to forget about a bad situation, at least for a little while? It might be, as long as another, even worse situation, doesn't happen during your vacation. Unfortunately for Lo, she couldn't be any further away from relaxation.

At the beginning of her trip, Lo witnesses a murder in the cabin next door to hers. She talks to the head of security, but the investigation is over as soon as it starts. Cabin 10 is empty, or is it. The more she tries to find out who the woman was, the more she starts to doubt everyone on board the ship. Lo doesn't know who she can trust besides herself. Instead of enjoying her time aboard the ship gathering material for an awesome story, she is constantly looking over her shoulder and having panic attacks. To top it all of the WiFi is down and there's no cell service - how convenient.

There were a couple parts that made me want to yell because of how stupid Lo was being. It was almost like watching a horror story where the people are doing the most obvious stupid move a person can make. Don't go down there, don't follow that person, stay in your room - all things I probably said out loud and didn't realize it.

Despite the annoying moments, there were some good twists that had me wondering how I hadn't figured it out. If your looking for a quick book to pass the time, I suggest this one.





No comments:

Post a Comment