Thursday, May 28, 2020

The Death of Mrs. Westaway by Ruth Ware




Rating (1-5) 📘📘📘
Genre - Suspense, Psychological Thriller
Format - Audio  Book
Length -14 Hours 14 Min

*Amazon Blurb*

On a day that begins like any other, Hal receives a mysterious letter bequeathing her a substantial inheritance. She realizes very quickly that the letter was sent to the wrong person - but also that the cold-reading skills she's honed as a tarot card reader might help her claim the money.
Soon, Hal finds herself at the funeral of the deceased...where it dawns on her that there is something very, very wrong about this strange situation and the inheritance at the center of it.
Full of spellbinding menace and told in Ruth Ware's signature suspenseful style, this is an addictive thriller from the Agatha Christie of our time.


*My Review* 

This book too way longer to get through that I'd have liked. I bought the CD's at my local library and the only place I could listen to it was when I was driving in my truck alone. Unfortunately, that doesn't happen very often.

The book started off very slow and it didn't really seem to pick up for me at all. There was definitely a mystery behind who Hal really was and how she was related to the family, but there was a lot of "commotion" with Hal running off, coming back and running off again. I was annoyed that people didn't just come out and say what they were thinking or what they would have. The characters were boring in my opinion.

Finding out how Hal fits into the family was probably the best part of the whole story and one that I wouldn't have guessed.





No comments:

Post a Comment