Tuesday, May 26, 2020

The Silent Patient by Alex Michaelides




Rating (1-5) 📘📘📘📘📘
Genre - Psychological Fiction, Psychological Thriller, Murder Thriller
Format - Hardcover
Length - 336 Pages


*Amazon Blurb*


Alicia Berenson’s life is seemingly perfect. A famous painter married to an in-demand fashion photographer, she lives in a grand house with big windows overlooking a park in one of London’s most desirable areas. One evening her husband Gabriel returns home late from a fashion shoot, and Alicia shoots him five times in the face, and then never speaks another word.

Alicia’s refusal to talk, or give any kind of explanation, turns a domestic tragedy into something far grander, a mystery that captures the public imagination and casts Alicia into notoriety. The price of her art skyrockets, and she, the silent patient, is hidden away from the tabloids and spotlight at the Grove, a secure forensic unit in North London.

Theo Faber is a criminal psychotherapist who has waited a long time for the opportunity to work with Alicia. His determination to get her to talk and unravel the mystery of why she shot her husband takes him down a twisting path into his own motivations―a search for the truth that threatens to consume him....


*My Review* 

Alicia is found guilty of murdering her husband. The question is...did she really do it? No one can be 100% certain because she refuses to speak. Remember the saying, actions speak louder than words? What if the person won't even give any action or reaction to go on? She wouldn't give the police a statement, wouldn't talk to her lawyer and is now doing her time in an insane asylum. I mean she has to be crazy if she won't speak, right?

I am not one to be vocal while reading a book, but when the bomb drops I actually said "No way, that's so messed up." and then proceeded to rethink what I had already read. My husband looked at me like I had 2 heads. He isn't a reader, but I made he listen while I described what had happened and what I'd just found out.
I mean that book bomb...... WHAT?!?! If you are looking for a book with a major twist, then you MUST read this one.



No comments:

Post a Comment