Wednesday, March 24, 2021

Why do you read?

 

Why do you read? I read to escape, to take my mind off of the real world. These days can easily become stressful with everything going on and the feeling of not being able to control anything. With reading I can control what I read which means I can travel to any place in the world. 

Some people read because they have too. Maybe it's part of your job. Editors and proofreaders have to read. So do teachers. Even kids have to read for school, though if you ask my almost 7 year old it's not fun. I am hoping she will come to enjoy reading as much as I do.



I wish I could read faster since there are so many books I want to be able to read before my time comes. I also know that no matter how fast I can read, I'll never be able to read all the books I want.

2 comments:

  1. I read because I can feel the difference in my mental quickness when I go through periods where I don’t read. Also, you can absorb text in a way you just can’t any other medium. Also, because owning a knowledge or entertainment source physically on a page that can’t be vanished by the crashing of a computer, the loss of electricity, or the decrepit hand of the modern censorship fad, is a great feeling. And lastly, it’s fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As an editor, I read for a living, but I also love to read for pleasure. Books take me to a place other than where I am.

    ReplyDelete