Sunday, June 3, 2018

The Megarothke by Robert Ashcroft

The Megarothke

by Robert Ashcroft



Rating (1-5) - 📘📘📘1/2
Genre - Science Fiction
Format - Softcover
Pages - 280

I am not a science fiction fan, but this book made me think that I should check more out in that genre. I received this book in my March PageHabit subscription box. As always, I enjoyed the author annotations throughout the book.

At first I was thinking that it was going to be another one of the stories (ok I haven't read a story like this before so I was thinking more like a movie, but still) where it's all going to be about robots and one person who does everything. I also thought that I might not finish it because its not a "thriller" or "suspense" book. Well, it wasn't about just one person and I did finish. As a matter of fact I was able to read it in just a couple days.

It's the future, 2051 to be exact, and after the Hollow War there are 50,000 people left in the world all living in Los Angeles. The billionaires had fled to the Orbital which was like a world above the city. Robot monsters know as fiends, harbingers and bruisers and bionic people are roaming everywhere and are said to be controlled by the Megarothke. No one knows where the Megarothke came from  or when it came to Earth. The only thing that people do know it that it needs to be destroyed. Theo wants to uncover his feeling of having had a part in the Megarothke and to rid the world of it. The story goes back and forth between the current year and Theo's past when him and his wife were together and their separation. I was able to stay with the story up until the end. I actually started to get confused when Theo figured out what he had to do. I thought the ending was dragged out a bit longer than it needed to be.

Although I didn't care for the ending I did still think it was a good book and that people who are more into the science fiction genre many appreciate more than me.


No comments:

Post a Comment