Saturday, June 9, 2018

The Wife Between Us by Greer Hendricks & Sarah Pekkanen

The Wife Between Us

by Greer Hendricks and Sarah Pekkanen



Rating (1-5) - 📘📘📘📘
Genre - Thriller, Suspense
Format - Hardcover
Pages -352

I received this in my Book Of The Month subscription box for May. 
It was also voted for the book of the month in Read N' Reviews Facebook Group
It will be discussed later this month. Check back for a link to the discussion.

Inside cover excerpt.
The just over one page prologue made me say "whoa" and I was quite excited to continue. I began reading about a woman who was very bitter about her marriage falling apart due to her younger replacement. She drinks to try and help relieve some of the pain of loosing her husband. I previously read The Girl On The Train as well as The Woman In The Window and was wondering if it was going to be just another book whose main character was a drunk and made up stories for attention. Turns out the woman did drink, but wasn't a drunk and who made up stories, but not for the reasons you'd think.

I find this book a bit hard to really review without giving away anything. I didn't find it as suspenseful as I thought I was going to. The ex-wife always seemed to lack a backbone. Instead of speaking her mind she'd either be shut down by someone else or not say anything. She made me quite annoyed throughout the book. Both of the women were a bit annoying with how much control they let Richard have over both their lives. I also thought that maybe there was too much effort put into "dealing" with Richard. I get that the ex-wife was trying to right a wrong, but I think she should've just moved on. What he did was not right, but it wasn't as bad as it seemed it was going to be. Then again, if she'd just moved on there wouldn't have been a book either.

The cover tells you not to assume anything and you really shouldn't. It did make me stop halfway through and wonder if I had even been paying attention to what I was reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment