Tuesday, March 6, 2018

The Woman In The Window by A.J. Finn

 The Woman In The Window 

by A.J. Finn


Available On Amazon
Available on Book Depository 
Rating (1-5) - 📘📘📘📘📘
Genre - Murder Suspense
Format -Hardcover
Printed Pages -427

This was the book that was voted on for the March Read Along in Read N' Reviews Book Group on Facebook. As I began reading the book I was reminded of a book I read not too long ago, The Girl On The Train by Paula Hawkins. It was about a woman who thinks she sees a murder committed from her commute to her job. She contacts the police, but when things don't go the way she thinks they should, she starts her own investigation.

At first The Woman In The Window seemed like it was going to be a slow read, but it didn't take long before I was so involved in the story I couldn't put it down. I found the book written so well that I felt like I was right in the house with Dr. Anna Fox, the main character. Even now that I am done reading the book, I can picture what things looked like as if a memory of a friends home.

Imagine an event in your life so traumatic that it makes you mentally and physically unable to leave your house. That's what has happened to Anna. Something so tragic happened that resulted in her becoming agoraphobic. It' been almost a year since she's even stepped outside. She isn't even able to open the windows to let in fresh air.

So what do you do when you can't leave your house and you live alone? You have all your food and medication delivered to your door. And wine, Anna loves her wine and drinks too much of it. And how do you pass the time? You watch your neighbors of course. But when you drink way too much, have a lot of different medications that you don't take as you should, some of which have side effects including hallucinations, and you witness a crime, how can you make people believe it really did happen?

This is what happens to Anna. She witnesses, or at least she believes she has, a murder across the street at the Russells' home. As the story unfolded, I found myself wondering if she really had seen it or just made it up. So many twists and turns of events will keep your fingers turning pages wanting to keep reading to find out the truth.


No comments:

Post a Comment