Thursday, March 29, 2018

Vacation

I recently spent 2 weeks in warm sunny Florida (I live in NY) visiting with some of my husbands family. I miss the warmth every morning I've been back when I wake up, look out my window and see the snow then I turn up my heat a little. My trip consisted of my 3 1/2 year old daughter, my mother in-law and myself (obviously). Now, I know that some of you see "mother in-law 👿" and wonder what I was thinking or that there's no way I enjoyed my trip. I'll admit I was a little skeptical about the drive down in close quarters (or starters). I mean, what could we talk about for that long? Would I say the wrong thing? Would she criticize my parenting? Would I survive?  

Since I'm here writing this post you can see I clearly survived. As far as everything else, it was a wonderful trip. Luckily for me my mother in-law doesn't feel the need for constant conversation, nor did she complain about my music. She helped keep my little one occupied and snacked-up. During dinner one night (with my husbands grandmother and her 2 sisters) my eyes teared up as she praised me for my parenting. It's not everyday that you get to hear someone give you credit for the hard work of being a parent and hearing it come from her made it even better.

My MIL also watched my little one so that I was able to visit the Seminole County Public Library store and get some really nice finds. Check out what I brought home:


I've always been a Stephen King & Dean Koontz fan, so I was glad to find these. 
(And looking forward to Thomas Harris as well)
Stephen King - 
Dark Half (A) (B)

Dean Koontz - 
Frankenstein, City Of Night (A) (B)
Tick Tock (A)
Shadow Fires (A
Seize The Night (A) (B)

Thomas Harris - 
The Silence Of The Lambs (A) (B)
Red Dragon (A) (B)


I remember my mom having this series when I was young. 
A bit discouraged to be missing 1 (Flowers In The Attic), but I'm sure I'll come across it one day.
VC Andrews -
Garden Of Shadows (A) (B)
Petals On The Wind (A) (B)
If There Be Thorns (A) (B)
Seeds Of Yesterday (A) (B)


I really liked the Twilight movies (and since the books are usually better) I grabbed the whole series.
Stephenie Meyer - 
Twilight (A) (B)
New Moon (A) (B)
Eclipse (A) (B)
Breaking Dawn (A) (B)

https://amzn.to/2GEV9BK

I got the first 3 in this series simply because I liked the covers
Alyson Noel - 
Shadowland (A) (B)
Evermore (A) (B)
Blue Moon (A) (B)

No comments:

Post a Comment