Thursday, March 29, 2018

The Saga Of Chief Barking Loincloth by Larry Sargeant

The Saga Of Chief Barking Loincloth

In Search Of A Hero

by Larry Sargeant



Available On Amazon
Available on Book Depository 

Rating (1-5) - 📘📘📘1/2
Genre -Fiction, Humorous, Biographical
Format -Paperback
Printed Pages -350


"In The Saga of Chief Barking Loincloth, Alan unabashedly recounts his adventures and misadventures, revealing humor and pathos in elusive successes and humiliating miss-steps as he encounters social contradiction and hypocrisy, unanticipated pitfalls, and ill-advised detours." *Amazon

Check out my post "Chance Encounter" to find out how I came about this book.

This book is by far the most different of books I've read. The life of Alan is full of high expectations and reality checks. The journey starts off with Alan as a young boy who has typical childhood mishaps and big dreams of being a Hero, of course, isn't that what all boys want? The quest to become a Hero has Alan analyzing almost every situation he finds himself in, which eventually leads to enlisting in the Army just shy of 18 years of age. The Army seems like the perfect place to be able to obtain Hero status. During his time with the Army, Alan discovers a love for Skydiving, the ability to become semi-famous and that becoming a Hero doesn't always work the way you plan it. The story of Alan is so entertaining in his quest to become a Hero that I found myself laughing out loud as well as feeling sorry for him.

The troubles Alan finds himself in are such things that could happen to any of us. The ability to be able to relate to a character in a book always makes them a but more enjoyable to me. I would've liked to have given a higher rating for this book because I did think that it was a good read, but it didn't have that "can't put the book down"hold on me. I still highly suggest others to read it. It is well written and I think you will enjoy it.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Tina - Received 5-star reviews from John Zogby and Readers' Favorites - recognizing The Saga of Chief Barking Loincloth as a book most likely appreciated by male readers. Larry

    ReplyDelete