Saturday, June 16, 2018

What a way to end the week.


The weather the last couple days has only been so-so. I woke up this morning (6:15am to be exact) to my almost 4 year old crying because she last night Daddy told her that she needed to pick up her room when she got up. I don't know if she thought she had to use telekinesis to do it or what. The trials of a toddler. In any event, my husband got up with her and I was able to stay in bed until 7 (not that I went back to sleep). The sun was shining and I thought it seemed like such a nice day and how I wished I had something to do. At 7:30 I was checking Facebook and one of reminders came up for an event near me. How could I forget about the World's Largest Garage Sale at our local Fairgrounds?? Well of course I immediately had to get  myself dressed, my daughter dressed, gather some of our "out and about" stuff and head out.

We arrived pretty early considering I had forgotten about the whole thing. Even so, there were already tons of people. I brought a stroller in case my daughter got tired of walking and to put stuff we would end of buying into. I love garage sales because you can usually find good deals on lots of stuff....especially books!!!
As we made out way down the first alley I spotted a sign "Books From Local Authors" and made my way over. At this table I met Jordan Elizabeth and WK Pomeroy.

WK Pomeroy & Jordan Elizabeth (6/16/19) at the Worlds Largest Yard Sale at the Herkimer County Fairgrounds.

 

From there we continued down the next alley and I met Erin Maine. I thought how wonderful to have just came across 2 stops with local authors. My daughter and I continued, buying a couple books for me, books for her and of course stuffed animals. I mean who can pass up books for .50 each? .

Erin Maine (6/16/19) at the Worlds Largest Yard Sale at the Herkimer County Fairgrounds.

We had gone through the two buildings and headed off to check out the vendors outside before departing for a lunch date. It was definitely my lucky day as I found a 3rd stop with James McNally and his his books.

James McNally (6/16/19) at the Worlds Largest Yard Sale at the Herkimer County Fairgrounds.

This morning turned out to be so great. It's not everyday that you get to meet local authors, let alone four of them (at least I never have). What's even better? They all have their books on Amazon! Feel free to check them out -

No comments:

Post a Comment