Wednesday, January 1, 2020

All Roads End Here by David Moody

All Roads End Here

by David Moody




Rating (1-5) 📘📘
Genre - Dystopian, Fiction, Post-Apocalyptic, Horror
Format - Paperback
Length - 352 pages

*Amazon Blurb*

It’s taken Matthew Dunne almost three months to get home. Never more than a few meters from the Haters at any time, every single step has been fraught with danger. But he’s made it.
In his absence, his home city has become a sprawling, walled-off refugee camp. But the camp–and the entire world beyond its borders–is balanced on a knife-edge. During his time in the wilderness, Matt developed a skill which is in high demand: the ability to anticipate and predict Hater behavior. It’s these skills that will thrust him into a web of subterfuge and danger. As the pressure mounts inside the camp, he finds himself under scrutiny from all sides.
He’s always done his best to avoid trouble, but sometimes it can’t be helped. The shit’s about to hit the fan, and this time Matt’s right at the epicenter.


*My Review* 

I was introduced to David Moody when I read his book One of Us Will Be Dead by Morning. That book had me hooked right away. Unfortunately I didn't realize it was part of a series and of course I had read them out of order. Lucky for me it didn't matter and so I was super excited to read the next in the series.

My expectations were short lived. I hate leaving less that decent reviews on a book, but honestly this one felt like the horror version of Lord of the Ring. There was tons of walking. Tons of taking in the surroundings and staying out of trouble. It just wasn't what I had thought it would have been after reading the prequel.

Sorry David.


No comments:

Post a Comment