Wednesday, October 21, 2020

The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern

 



Rating (1-5) - 📘
Genre - Magical Realism, Historical Fantasy, Holiday Romance
Format - Paperback
Length - 516 pages


*Amazon Blurb*

The circus arrives without warning. No announcements precede it. It is simply there, when yesterday it was not. Within the black-and-white striped canvas tents is an utterly unique experience full of breathtaking amazements. It is called Le Cirque des Rêves, and it is only open at night. But behind the scenes, a fierce competition is underway: a duel between two young magicians, Celia and Marco, who have been trained since childhood expressly for this purpose by their mercurial instructors. Unbeknownst to them both, this is a game in which only one can be left standing. Despite the high stakes, Celia and Marco soon tumble headfirst into love, setting off a domino effect of dangerous consequences, and leaving the lives of everyone, from the performers to the patrons, hanging in the balance.

*My Review* 
 
I was super excited to start this book. I loved the cover and had seen lots of 5 star reviews on Instagram. At first it just seemed to go slow. I figured it just needed some time to pick up speed. At almost 1/2 way threw I contemplated making it my second DNF (did not finish), but I don't like to think of myself as a quitter when it comes to reading. I thought if I keep going I've got to be able to figure it out. Finally I did, but the whole book make no sense to me and when I thought it should have ended....it kept going with even more nonsense. 
This is one I will not recommend at all (sorry to those who enjoyed it).

No comments:

Post a Comment