Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Reading Between The Line by Jo Merrett

I recently received my 1st request from an author to review her book. It's called 
Reading Between The Lines by Jo Merrett. Let me say that the 1st paragraph will definitely grab your attention like no other book.  
I agreed to read this book, although a bit outside my normal murder mysteries.



I am giving this book 📘📘📘📘 (4 out of 5 book) rating.

I enjoyed reading this book, even though I would get caught off guard every now and then due to a bit of a language barrier (not enough that I couldn't figure it what was being said). I do wish Kate's living situation, as well as her age, was described right in the beginning of the book. I had thought that she lived at home with her parents. So I was, of course, shocked when she brought a guy home. The book has a nice flow to it. It's not all just sex, but normal everyday situations too.
I was torn with reading this book. It kept wanting to find out what would happen next, but the "adult" scenes were not something I could read while my 3 yr old was awake. They were quite descriptive (in a good way).
To me, Kate comes off as very easy. So towards once Jack came into the picture I wasn't sure where things were going to go, definitely not where I thought. And the ending.....WOW.....I don't know what to say. I was floored.

No comments:

Post a Comment