Tuesday, January 23, 2018

The Girl Who Played With Fire by Stieg Larsson

 ðŸ“˜ðŸ“˜ðŸ“˜ (3 out of 5 book rating)

I just finished The Girl Who Played With Fire by Stieg Larsson. The second book in this series. Unfortunately, Stieg Larsson passed away and was unable to continue the series. David Langercratz, however, decided to do it for him. So far David has wrote two more in the series The Girl In The Spiders Web and The Girl Who Takes an Eye for an Eye. I am not sure if I will continue with the series. I have heard from some other people who have continued and they weren't happy with the way David portrayed the characters. Maybe I'll have to read them and make my own opinion.

Like the 1st book, I enjoyed the story line, but found it a hard read because there were so many names of people and places. Most of them I am not sure of the pronunciation, making it a bit of a struggle to have a nice flow with my reading. There were so many places, people and different events going on. In my opinion Salander is the main character of the book, but it seemed like she took a back seat in this one. I didn't get lost in the story, but I don't think this book was as good as the first. Even after finishing the book, I am still not sure of how certain people were connected leaving me a bit frustrated. Normally I don't have much desire to see movies that were made from books. I almost feel like I have to see these though, so I can hear how the names and places are pronounced. Also, to get a better understanding of the role everyone played.

2 comments:

  1. Nice review. Maybe if you listened to it on audio you would enjoy it more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never listened to an audiobook. That's a good suggestion. I enjoy paper copies. I did, however, consider going in YouTube to hear parts of the movie just to know how to pronounce their names.

      Delete