Sunday, April 29, 2018

Reading, book subscriptions and more

  

I am lacking recent book reviews as I am still reading IT by Stephen King. I knew it was going to be a long book, but it seems as though I have a bit less time to read that usual. I also received an ARC (advanced reader copy) of a book that is set to release May 4th. For those who aren't familiar with an ARC, it's copy of a book (printed or e-book) that you are basically promising to read and review prior to the release date. Unfortunately, I am struggling to get through this one. I have never put a book in a DNF (did not finish) pile. This one might be my 1st. I am almost 60% of the way through it, but I am finding myself actually skipping paragraphs just to get done. I have read bad books before, but never a book that couldn't even hold my attention.

On a happier note I did get my 3 subscription boxes from PageHabit, my 1st one from OwlCrate Jr as well as a printed ARC (that I have a feeling is going to be great).

PageHabit 🠟
 

OwlCrate Jr 🠟

ARC 🠟
I also came across Little Passports that I plan on getting a subscription to for my almost 4 year old. The have different subscriptions for different age groups so I can change it as she gets older. 



There's also just 1 more day to join the Author Q&A with Jo Merrett before the Featured Author for May starts with Mike Wells. If you are an author that interested in being featured for a month, check out this page.

No comments:

Post a Comment