Wednesday, February 7, 2018

BookThinkers

Some gifts I received from BookThinkers.

If your a book 📚 lover 💖 (and chances are you are if you're on my blog), then I highly suggest you check out BookThinkers (if you haven't already). BookThinkers is a relatively new social platform for all book lovers to keep track of books you want to read, have read, set challenges, earn badges and more. I really love being able to earn badges. They have even made it so that you can suggest a badge. You can also keep notes to look back on about each book and recommend books to friends. BookThinkers was created in 2017 by 3 friends, Nick, Alec and Derek (how awesome to have friends that share such a love of books). Learn a little about the BookThinkers team here.

The BookThinkers mission (as posted on their website) is simple -
To provide an exciting environment for readers that are united by a passion of unbounded learning and self-improvement!

I came across BookThinkers on Facebook in a group where a post was make for a giveaway they had for a sticker. I decided to sign up and check them out. Being a new site it had some things that seemed missing so I sent a message to Derek with suggestions. He responded immediately and was quite thankful. I continued to message him anytime I came across an idea. A couple messages I got in return were "Wonderful feedback! I'll forward it to the BookThinkers team immediately. If you ever have any other suggestions/idea on how we can make it even better we're always really grateful for feedback! We're striving to get to the "it's so good people will tell all of their friends" level. Another one said "Thanks again for all the enthusiasm and constructive feedback!" These little conversations that I had made me feel like I was a small part of something big. Try getting a personal response from big sites. Most of them have lost that connection with their members and are solely worried about profiting instead.
Every week there's a video post of Nick on Facebook where he talks about 5 lessons learned from a book that the team read. You can see the dedication and love for what he does in these videos. Check out the videos here.


Book I choose from a giveaway I won.
"Team BookThinkers believes that a daily reading habit acts as “rocket fuel” for intellectual growth, creative thought and inspired living.
BookThinkers is a we
bsite where book lovers of all kinds can create a profile, build a virtual bookshelf, earn badges, rate and review books, log notes and set systematic reminders for the information they want to retain (and much more)." 
- Mission on BookThinkers Facebook page.

Not only do they have an awesome website, but an app is expected to be released this month (Feb.) to make our book experience even better. I'm so excited been for this app to come out and can't wait to try it. I have a lot of books to add to the site and I've been waiting for the app to come out, hoping it'll have a feature to make that easier.

So if you are looking to be part of something that makes you feel appreciated to be there - 

Other place you can find Bookthinkers -

No comments:

Post a Comment